It is Estate Planning Awareness Week although every week is estate planning awareness week on this blog. As part of that week, Forbes listed 6 things everyone should do before she dies.
1. Make a will and/or trust.
2. Make a living will and power of attorney.
3. Review beneficiary designations for insurance policies and retirement plans.
4. Make a bucket list,
5. Find something good in every day.
6. Tell friends and family you love them.
Of course, from my professional point of view, 1 and 2 are the most important. When clients do that, my list in 4 becomes attainable and 5 and 6 become easier.