A few points:
1. The lawsuit would have been difficult to win because Campbell made both wills long before he went public with his Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
2. Campbell’s estate was recently valued at $1.2 million which is way less than the original estimate of $50 million.
3. If the omitted children were successful in challenging Campbell’s estate plan, they would have inherited $100K each tops.
4. The money for recording artists is in the writing and publishing not the performing. Campbell generally performed songs written by others.
5. Three divorces, 8 children, and years of cocaine use are never conducive to accumulating wealth.
Photo credit: Larry McCormack/The Tennessean
License: Fair Use/Education (from linked article)